Continental Development Manager
The Continental Development Manager shall actively contribute to the leadership team that will develop and manage the national federation framework by developing guidelines and tools and allocating resources to support organisational capability building. The successful candidate shall bring industry-related knowledge, sport contacts and overall sport management experience to FITEQ.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the policy development, management and support in respect to the establishment of the National Federations and Membership Services;
- Support the management and relationship with National Federations and Event Organisers (if required) relating to the operational mechanics of FITEQ;
- Coordinate and provide administrative, operational and logistical support to National Federations;
- Oversee the development and management of programmes relating to National activities and to support competition coordination and delivery (if required).
- Complete other such duties and activities as directed by the line manager and/or the Sport Director.
Personal Profile and Experience
Qualifications & Skills
The personal profile and experience of the Development Manager shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in capacity building and sports governance on an international scope
- Value-driven personality to be a true ambassador for Teqball and inspire colleagues
- Broad knowledge of the international sport industry, sport federations, event operations and project management
- Background in Tournament sports is an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a long‐term focus
- Proven track record of providing managerial leadership to a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven track record in leading complex change management projects; including budget- and risk management
- A passion for the discipline and complete commitment to contribute to its growth in the world of sport
- Ability to prioritize to efficiently manage projects and deliverables
- Ability to exert influence and work in a complex environment
- High ethical standards with the ability to accommodate the requirements of colleagues
- Fluency in English; additional languages are an asset
Core Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of and passion for sport as well as its values and impact on society
- Quick learner who takes initiative, has excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate organisational information sharing and the coordination of document capture
- Able to interact well with a wide range of personalities
- Experience in establishing information management systems with a focus on document management components
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with handling complex organisations and growth strategies
- A strong team-player prepared to work with all levels of the organisation
- Strong service orientation while collaborating with a multitude of organisations
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of an interdependent team
- Aptitude to work without administrative support, particularly when on‐site managing delivery of client services
- Manage through leadership and delegation as well as by example
- Goal‐oriented and hands‐on approach to achieve results
Location and Working hours
The role will be located in Budapest however international travel is expected. Due to the nature of the sporting sector, working outside of traditional hours will also be required from time to time.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to attract the best candidates.