Group General Ledger (GL) Accountant
Teqball is an international group with operations in Budapest, Dublin, Lausanne, Los Angeles and Shanghai. We are involved in the design, manufacture and sale of own-branded sports equipment and sports technology, whilst also driving our sport to the forefront of sport recognition. We are already being recognized as one of the fastest growing global sports. This is an exciting time to join Teqball as we continue to disrupt the global sports industry and build our global brand.
- Book invoices based on approved purchase orders in a variety of global entities.
- Ensure all general ledger entries are correctly recorded and reported in line with IFRS and local standards (for some minor entities).
- Maintain and update all general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile balance sheets, analyze accounts and resolve any issues timely.
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations, investigate and resolve any differences.
- Prepare month end journals and assist / lead month-end / year-end closing.
- Assist with year-end audits and optimizing internal controls.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and the explanation of variances.
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc reports and system extracts.
The successful applicant:
- Will have a degree / qualification in accounting.
- ACCA is not essential but is a plus.
- At least 5 years of relevant GL accounting experience working with IFRS in a global business.
- Experience of month end closing procedures (accruals, prepayments and journals).
- Good understanding of balance sheet reconciliations and analysis tools.
- Experience working in Microsoft Navision.
- Experience working in a multicurrency environment.
- Manufacturing accounting experience is not essential but is a strong plus.
- Accurate, with an ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and good time management.