Legal Counsel (Corporate & M&A focus)
Aim of the position:
- Managing legal matters in order to ensure the smooth operation and through this the compliance of the group from a legal point of view.
- Corporate: manage and/or support company/subsidiary formation, liquidation, corporate life cycle management and corporate governance related to group companies and/or subsidiaries (inclusive of Luxembourg related corporate resolutions). Advise and/or assist on group restructuring matters (corporate and/or intragroup contracts chain) and/or on M&A or JV transactions where relevant.
- Tax and corporate cross area expertise + possible focus on US law/tax matters in addition to other matters at headquarter level.
- Contracts (general): Draft, negotiate and/or review broad array of contracts inclusive of licenses, product purchases, service agreements of all sort (intragroup and vis a vis third parties), distribution agreements, intragroup loans and financing, software development agreements, supplier/vendor agreements, NDAs and so forth to address the legal needs associated with B2C and B2B varied activities (media, entertainment, real estate, IT, e-commerce) and intragroup necessary arrangements.
- Legal cross- knowledge: civil/commercial laws regarding contracts drafting and reviews, EU and local regulation as regards data protection, consumer law protection, Luxembourg company law.
- Advise and assist various internal stakeholders and/or departments in development and maintenance of standard contract terms and conditions and to address legal or administrative related queries in a proactive manner.
- Advise on risks and liabilities of proposed commercial transactions and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business objectives.
- Keep abreast of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact commercial agreements.
- Design and implement corporate and intra-company arrangements
- Liaise with authorities and/or public administration regarding legal matters, interaction and/or coordination with notaries and external counsels Develop and improve corporate policies and procedures. Ensure contracts comply with all relevant policies and procedures.
Scope of authority:
- The employee can give advice in order to introduce new ideas regarding processes.
- Submitting proposals with respect to the improvement of methods and the functioning of the Company and the Group.
Relevant professional experience. In particular a combined experience of both law firm and in-house practice would be an asset.
- Ideal candidate with legal proficiency as regards Corporate, Commercial and Civil laws and sound knowledge of the Luxembourg and EU legislative environment and procedures.
- Ideal candidate with excellent drafting skills as regards commercial transactions and corporate resolutions (legal corporate management and related).
- Must be able to demonstrate strong attention to details, good judgment/legal reasoning.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving and good follow-through skills with successful pattern for meeting tight deadlines.
- Capability to work independently, as part of a team (currently composed of 5 members) and also cross-department with a client oriented approach (proactivity and accountability driven).
- Confident, self-starter and ability to operate and thrive in a high-paced, changing work environment.
- Flexibility and willigness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and related contracts.
- Must possess professional maturity to take ownership of various assignments with limited supervision and achieve results.
- Education: Master Degree in Law/LLM.
Professional Qualification: Bar exam (CCDL or equivalent), Luxembourg bar and experience an asset.
- Language: Excellent oral and written command of English. French, German and/or Hungarian as an asset.
What we offer
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Relocation package and moving assistance from HR if relevant
- Meal vouchers
- Private health insurance
- Additional holiday entitlement based on length of service with the company
- Free gym membership
- Sympass discount card
- Dynamic and friendly atmosphere
- A multi-cultural environment made of 30 different nationalities, with English as the official language
- Daily breakfast in the office
- Free coffee, tea, and fresh fruit every day
- Fantastic events, including Christmas Parties, Family Days, Hackathons and other surprises
- Chill rooms, creative areas, and LAN parties
- Company branded merchandise (goodies)
- High quality of life offered by Luxembourg
- Opportunity to attend conferences, certifications, technical workshops, trainings, and meetups
- Free language courses in the office
- Enthusiastic professionals to learn from
- Possibility to advance in the company
During the recruitment process candidates will be requested to provide with a recent criminal record extract for background screening purpose