Legal Counsel (Data Protection/IP)
You will ensure our companies are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) working along with the deputy DPO. You will manage along with deputy DPO and DP program manager organizational data protection and assist as regards our GDPR compliance in the companies and related businesses of the Group at headquarter level in Luxembourg and cross jurisdictions interacting with various departments (IT, ICT, products and so forth).
Fix term contract - 12 months.
What you will really be doing
- Assist Deputy DPO with communication to data subjects and/or supervisory authorities
- Assist deputy DPO on communication with data subjects on data protection matters, such as: to informing them how their data is being processed, the rights they have to their data, etc.
- Coordinate data breach response and notification procedures
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Providing advice and recommendations on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs); Review DPIAs
- Advising on company’s compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws to DPO and deputy DPO
- Creating guidelines, policies, systems and procedures that enforce compliance with legislation
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company/group
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Monitoring and maintaining records of processing operations conducted by the Company
- Adequately assess the role of entities under data protection laws (such as controller/processor)
- Quickly analyze the compliance of a product or feature and provide action items for business
- Provide guidance to customer’s support community
- Interact and contribute to discussions which aim to increase our efficiency with GDPR
- Liaise with other organizations that process data on behalf of the Company/group
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Ensure compliance checks are in line with regulations
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Review the company’s agreements and contracts with data processors
- Draft any necessary contract with internal or external entities to cover a data processing operation.
- IP matters as needed basis.
- Education: Master Degree in Law/LLM
- Professional Qualification: Bar exam (CCDL or equivalent) is an asset
- PQE: 4 to 5 years min
- Language: Excellent oral and written command of English. French, German and/or Hungarian as an asset
- Relevant professional experience. In particular, a combined experience of both law firm, Big Four and/or in-house practice (at least part of it in Luxembourg) would be an asset
- Ideal candidate with legal proficiency as regards Data Protection, IP and sound knowledge of the Luxembourg and EU legislative environment and procedures (including mandatorily GDPR) as well as sound knowledge of ICT/IT/IT security terminology and environment
- Ideal candidate with excellent drafting and communication skills as regards IP/Data protection matters, with both specialists and non-specialists recipients cross-departments (numerous interactions with product owners, project manager, ICT/IT specialists)
- Must be able to demonstrate strong attention to details, good judgment/legal reasoning
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving and good follow-through skills with successful pattern for meeting tight deadlines
- Capability to work independently, with a client oriented approach (proactivity and accountability driven).
- Confident, self-starter and ability to operate and thrive in a high-paced, changing work environment
- Must possess professional maturity to take ownership of various assignments with limited supervision and achieve results. Ability to handle confidential information. Ethical standards.
Scope of authority:
- The employee can give advice, take initiative regarding rationalization of data protection processes
- Submitting proposals with respect to the improvement of methods and the functioning of the Company and the Group as regards data protection
- IP support where applicable.
Bonus: let’s make our dream come true and double our yearly salary together (*applicable terms and conditions in the Bonus Policy).
During the recruitment process candidates will be requested to provide with a recent criminal record extract for background screening purpose.