Software Defined Network Engineer
Become a member of the team that operates and design global backbone networks in the EU (London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Luxembourg) and US (Los Angeles, Miami)! You can join us to work on one of the world's most visited website and enjoy the advantages of playing on the newest routing and switching platforms, developing software defined network traffic optimization solutions serving thousands of servers, and keeping your knowledge relevant.
What you will really be doing
- Acting as an advanced engineering resource for LAN/WAN routing and switching, QA and review
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices (Web
- User Interface Design (UI), API development)
- Design and deploy software network control systems and solutions.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Cisco deployment.
- Conducting research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Monitoring network stability, availability and performance.
- Identifying, diagnose and resolve network problems as needed.
- Proposing designs for network implementations to be deployed
- MSC or BSC in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Programming experience in some of the followings: Perl, Shell scripting, Python, PHP and XML (Web Programming Skills)
- 2 years’ experience in network operation and administration
- 2 years’ experience in programming
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Advanced experience with Linux systems: iptables, mysql, apache, 802.1x, tacacs+
- Technical, analytic and interpersonal skills
- Experience with configuration management platforms like Puppet or Ansible.
- Node.js experience
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Experience working with and managing OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, BGP Policy based routing, Quality of Service (QoS), IGMP Multicasting, VPNs, ACLs, MPLS, IP, VoIP, NAT, HSRP, VRRP
- Experience with the following device platforms: Nexus 5k with Fabric Extenders in VPC topology,
- ASR 9k with IOS-XR, Catalyst 7600, 6500, 4500 series routers, Mikrotik and LAN technologies including VLANs, VRFs, Port-channels and VPCs
What we are offering
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Relocation package and moving assistance from HR if relevant
- Meal vouchers
- Private health insurance
- „Double Yearly Salary” Bonus Program 2018: as per the applicable terms and conditions in the Bonus Policy
- Additional holiday entitlement based on length of service with the company
- Free gym membership
- Sympass discount card
- Dynamic and friendly atmosphere
- A multi-cultural environment made of 30 different nationalities, with English as the official language
- Daily breakfast in the office
- Free coffee, tea, and fresh fruit every day
- Fantastic events, including Christmas Parties, Family Days, Hackathons and other surprises
- Chill rooms, creative areas, and LAN parties
- Company branded merchandise (goodies)
- High quality of life offered by Luxembourg
- Opportunity to attend conferences, certifications, technical workshops, trainings, and meetups
- Free language courses in the office
- Enthusiastic professionals to learn from
- Possibility to advance in the company
We are a Live video streaming development company, our main product is http://livejasmin.com with 35 million daily users (Alexa ranking). Over the past 15 years our company has seen exponential growth with over 1000 employees across 3 continents with headquarters in Luxembourg (photos) and offices in Los Angeles (photos), Budapest (video) and Hong Kong.